Saturday, April 07, 2012

Just Barely Got Something to do with chess




INT: CONVENIENCE STORE. DAY

RANDAL
How long did you date Caitlin?


DANTE
Five years


RANDAL
Chick only made you nuts. She cheated on you how many times?


DANTE
Eight and a half.


RANDAL
(looks up from paper)
Eight and a half?


DANTE
Party at John K's - senior year. I get blitzed and pass out in the bedroom. Caitlin comes in and jumps all over me.


RANDAL
That's cheating?


DANTE
In the middle of it, she calls me Brad.


RANDAL
She called you Brad?


DANTE
She called me Brad


RANDAL
That's not cheating. People say crazy shit during sex. One time, I called this girl "Mom."


DANTE
I hit the lights and she freaks. Turns out she thought I was Brad Michaelson.


RANDAL
What do you mean?


DANTE
She was supposed to meet Brad Michaelson in a bedroom. She picked the wrong one. She had no idea I was even at the party.


RANDAL
Oh, my God.


DANTE
Great story isn't it?


RANDAL
That girl was vile to you.


DANTE
Interesting postscript to that story: Do you know who wound up going with Brad Michaelson in the other dark bedroom?


RANDAL
Your mother.


DANTE
Allan Harris.


RANDAL
Chess team Allan Harris?!


DANTE
The two moved to Idaho together after graduation. They raise sheep.


RANDAL
That's frightening.


DANTE
It takes different strokes to move the world.




... to do with chess Index

No comments: